Orange Ricotta Pound Cake

This is another recipe that I spied on Pinterest and just had to make.  Simple and flavorful.  I used clementines instead of oranges since they are so easy to find this time of year.  The cake is nice and moist from the ricotta and just perfect with the orange flavor.
I am still trying to decide which cookies to make for Christmas this year.  I just love sugar cookies but they are such a pain to cut out.  My favorite cookies are Italian Rainbow cookies. Never made them but I am planning on making an Italian Rainbow Cake this year that I found on Joanne's food blog last year. I am going to try this and I hope it comes out well.....it looks delicious!!!! 

3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups cake flour (I used all-purpose)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups plus 1 table spoon granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 orange, zested (I used two clementines)
2 tablespoons amaretto (I used orange juice)
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with butter (grease it very well). In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to blend.
2. Using a mixer, cream the butter, ricotta and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the machine running, add the eggs 1 at a time. Add the vanilla, zest and alcohol until combined. Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan, 45 to 50 minutes (about 35 minutes for mini pans). Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely
       







Comments

Unknown said…
Mmmmmmm.. that looks amazing!!!
Joanne said…
I am still deciding on my christmas cookies also! You should definitely make that cake though...it was awesome! And this pound cake - love it!
Pam said…
It looks amazing! I love the orange/ricotta combination.

Happy holidays!